West Mercia has an exciting opportunity available for a Field and Workshop Forklift Service Engineers to join their team.
Working on a full-time, permanent basis the successful candidate will earn a competitive salary of £26,800 – £29,000 per annum dependant on experience + optional overtime.
West Mercia is a quality materials handling Equipment Company.
The Forklift Service Engineer Role:
As our Forklift Service Engineer you will act as a key member of the team by keeping our client’s forklifts in smooth working order. The successful candidate for the role of Forklift Service Engineer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Servicing and preventative maintenance of customer forklift truck equipment ensuring unscheduled repairs are minimised
- Attend breakdowns and perform mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fault diagnosis carrying out subsequent repairs in a time and cost-effective manner
- Provide the customer and company with clear information regarding equipment, service, repairs and recommendations as appropriate – Develop and maintain client relationships ensuring the highest levels of customer service is achieved
- Completion of documentation to company standards
- Adhering to Health and Safety requirements at all time
Skills, Experience and Qualifications needed as our Field Forklift Service Engineer:
- In-depth mechanical experience including strong diagnosis and repair skills
- Excellent servicing and fault-finding skills
- A FLT Engineering, or Plant Engineering background
- Experience of hydraulics and electrical equipment an advantage, specific training will be provided as required
- A full driving licence
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- A professional and confident personality with the ability to liaise with people from all walks of life
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload
- A flexible and helpful attitude to work
- Excellent organisation and customer service skills
- Ability to work with others as we as on your own initiative
Benefits you’ll receive as our Field Forklift Service Engineer:
In return we are offering you the opportunity to work in a well-established, growing business with a comprehensive benefits package including company van (field engineer), mobile phone, 20 days holidays plus bank holidays and birthday holiday (rising to 25 with service), optional overtime, contributory pension, death in service.
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role of Field or Workshop Forklift Service Engineer, then please apply now! Contact Glenn Draper Service Director on 07976 625406